Thursday, July 15, 2010

After the wedding

I have been privy to a ton of weddings at my young age but have only been a bridesmaid in 1 wedding. There, I held the elected position of Maid of Honor in my sister Katie's wedding. It was thought provoking and challenging (just what I like), helping her decide between cake and dresses and colors and flowers. But boy did we ever enjoy ourselves while planning and I found that she was truly happy with her choosen selections, and her husband turned out to be just as expected, absolutely wonderful!


Why do I share this tid-bit of information you ask? I find in the whole sceme of things that many people get so wrapped up in the wedding planning process that they forget about afterwards. The marriage. Its certainly challenging at times, having to think of someone else's needs all the time and having to keep the house clean, do laundry and go to work. But in the end, I (and my sister and her husband) have found all that is worth it. I wouldn't want to be alone and I like having my best friend listen to me when I am tired and having one of those "moments". Think about what you enjoy doing with each other and DO IT. Its about creating a partnership and loving one another even if you are tired.


Bill and I are off to sail this weekend (something we both enjoy so much). Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment