Monday, December 20, 2010

Using color to coordinate your theme



One of the first questions I ask clients is about colors. What are their favorites, when is the wedding, what types of flowers do they like? I enjoy taking an initial concept and designing around those ideas.

Typically we start with choosing dresses for the attendants. But like the photos suggest, you may begin with flowers. I love the idea of using blue hydrangea's, very summery - plus that could even be your 'something blue'. Note the orange ribbon and cornflower blue in the paper. Tie those together and you make a fashionable statement. Add in the colors of coordinating attendants dresses and you have a complete look. Using the hydrangea's on your invitations, place cards and further in your table decorations is a creative way of bringing your theme full circle.

photos courtesy: The Knot. Left, bottom right: Grand Lubell Photography. Top Right: Andrew McCaul

No comments:

Post a Comment